Sunday, September 12, 2021

Dean Okamura


A song of ephemeral waterfalls when raindrops fall down

   

I wish that my weight would fall down 

at least forty pounds. 

I fear that my house may fall down 

in a big earthquake. 

I hope that I do not fall down 

a cliff on a hike. 


How did silly Alice fall down 

a deep rabbit hole? 

Why do sandcastles fall down 

by morning tide? 

When will raindrops fall down 

on my head? 


Down fall 

Alice, 

Sandcastles, 

Raindrops. 


Down fall 

I, 

My house, 

My weight. 


Feel 

Little 

Loose 


& I 


Do 

Odd, 

Weird, 

Nervous… 


Things 

in the middle 

of ephemeral 

waterfalls 

when raindrops 

fall down. 

The center 

of the world. 

The creation 

of living things. 


Wow, what am I doing down 

here? 


Thank God, I stopped fall- 

ing! 


Somewhere in the fallen forest
   
Somewhere amidst the fallen trunks 
stands my trusted friend 
who works the earth 
to plant the trees 
for future groves of forest. 

I could not see the fresh growth 
when people scattered round 
plastic pots 
they liked so much 
the forest disappeared. 

We no longer miss the forest 
because we see the trees. 
We do not see the forest 
but a dumping ground for friends. 


They fall down into her web
   
How many more times must they fall down? 
Collapse weak as ones who 
fade in virility. 

Caught in webs spun by fiery, thin-legged 
Black Widows who would not 
consume their heads for sport. 

Left to contemplate shortcomings, 
torture far beyond any 
lost love or betrayal. 

Why do they fall prey to fierce deceit? 
Trapped in addictive games, 
sexy, seductive lies. 

Wild lure of multiple sex partners 
proves too hard to resist, 
downfall of male spiders. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

R A Ruadh

I am Crann Bethadh I am a tiny green bud on a branch Unfurling a little too early There is concern I might not grow up That I will shrivel a...