Sunday, September 12, 2021

Lawrence Berger

Traveling through


In 1985 the world looked small

 I was going to move to Los Angeles 

Become a Chef

Carry on the tradition of my grandfather

A master Baker at Quality

Follow in my father’s footsteps and

Learn to keep the candy fountain fresh.


In 1990 

I was crossing the street

A car turned in and hit me.

My fifth near fatal accident

The accident left me alive but with a smashed left knee

I still fall down a lot.


In 1991 I got a job selling shares in Oilwells over the phone.

In 1993 I was hospitalized for suicidal depression

In 1994 I was back with my first book

In 1996 I read my first poem

In 2021 I wrote this one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

R A Ruadh

I am Crann Bethadh I am a tiny green bud on a branch Unfurling a little too early There is concern I might not grow up That I will shrivel a...