Sunday, September 12, 2021

Radomir Vojtech Luza

Cradle of Cadavers (In Ten Parts)


I  A normal Tuesday morning

   I am getting out of bed in Jersey City, NJ

   Across the river from Manhattan


II  My ex-wife Monica calling about

    A small plane hitting World Trade Center Building One


III  I turn on the television to dash and disarray

     Ash and misery

     Sirens Screaming

     New Yorkers torn from dreaming


IV  People jumping from Building One

     What were they thinking about on the way down?

     Potential to porridge

     Possibility to pain

     Phone-calling to falling


V   The 300 firemen perishing when Building Two falls

      What were they doing there?

      Duty to dust

      Rambo to rust


VI  The gray smoke covering my benched soul

      Our country molested

      A planet at war

      A universe at stake


VII  My marriage crumbling after two years

       Soon I am homeless, without medication and

       Going through a bitter divorce on the long and wide piranha streets of Los Angeles

 

VIII  September 11th, 2001

        Breaking my unbreakable bond to the anti-blonde


IX     The arc towards the end

         Beginning with a deep bend

         Lying on the floor

         Begging for a door


X       End of the beginning

         Beginning of the end

         Carnival of corpses

         Victims without a friend

         Humanity with nothing to lend        



When The Twins Fell Down


Photographs on fences

Business cards without lenses


Sketches drawn with no senses

Brothers looking for sisters

Mothers searching for sons


God finding a city

Wrapped in tears

Floating in blood

Somehow locating love


Ash-covered ville

Suits sprinting

Policemen pointing

Angels anointing


Town no longer dreaming

Terrorists scheming

Mayor leading

Ground Zero conspiracies creaming


Twenty years of pain

America never the same


My life forever changed

A new angle of refrain

Under a sky made of rain


No comments:

Post a Comment

R A Ruadh

I am Crann Bethadh I am a tiny green bud on a branch Unfurling a little too early There is concern I might not grow up That I will shrivel a...