Sunday, September 12, 2021

Jackie Chou

Synonyms for Falling


Fall is coming

A maple leaf descends

anonymous

like a soul baring itself

on public forums

identified only by a username

and the ironic grin

of a cartoon avatar

plummeting into 

the abyss of cyberspace

as night approaches



Fear of Heights


Do not invite me for a magic carpet ride

No intricately embroidered Oriental rug

or Egyptian prince

would pique my interest to partake in such a feat

I’d shut my eyes tight

sweaty hands gripping tasseled fringes

I'd have a heart attack

before a glimpse of the view below

So if you have tickets for two

Count me out of it

Find another princess-to-be

No comments:

Post a Comment

R A Ruadh

I am Crann Bethadh I am a tiny green bud on a branch Unfurling a little too early There is concern I might not grow up That I will shrivel a...